Tuesday, September 2, 2014

My Experience with Kay Healy

It has been several weeks since my internship with Kay Healy has ended. The last week before my Senior year, I did a lot of reflecting on my last summer as a college student. The Summer Fellows Program was absolutely one of the highlights. Working with Kay improved my screen printing/sewing abilities and broadened my knowledge of fine artists and illustrators. It also made me realize how important it is to have a solid concept. Kay spends so much time gathering stories for her projects. A piece that is well crafted but says nothing, really doesn't accomplish much. Work that is beautifully made and tells a story is truly good artwork. I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to work with Kay through the Summer Fellows Program. Remember, her opening is October 2 at the Free Library of Philadelphia!

No comments:

Post a Comment