Sunday, July 6, 2014

The End of the Road...

My last day in San Diego was yesterday. I made new friends, had good Mexican food, enjoyed the beach and learned about dance from a totally different aspect. 

Here's a recap on everything that happened during my internship...

Week 1: The first week was a little rough. I did not end up staying where I thought I would stay. After about 2-3 hours of complete chaos, I checked into a hotel room in Pacific Beach. Then came the dance part...I had no idea I was so out of shape! My body became numb by the third day of intense training. Every muscle in my body was sore. 

Week 2: The second week was all about learning choreography for several performances. This part of the internship was also tough. Learning multiple pieces of choreography worked in my favor. I developed different strategies for retaining the material. After hours of rehearsal it was finally time to perform! My favorite part! 

Week 3: The third week was all about the business of dance. I must admit sitting in an office for several hours a day was not the most exciting part of my internship but I definitely learned a lot.  I did not know having a career in dance was this complex! I'm so thankful for this opportunity and I'm ready for the next journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment