Saturday, August 16, 2014

Last Day...

Unfortunately, yesterday was my final day working and weaving with Myra. Throughout the Summer Fellows program, I have learned many things applicable to artistic style, as well as give some fresh insight to another artist. I see the importance of planning, as one little slip up may lead to a big mistake later on that may prove harder to fix. Patience will always be more rewarding than trying to push through a problem quickly. Reaching outside of normal practices can lead to unexpected, yet great results. Though I still feel I identify myself more so with two dimensional art, I have the utmost respect for those artists who work in the three dimensional world. Myra is obviously very skilled in her craft and I appreciate her taking the time to teach me how to weave and letting me into her studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment